Main image

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Conversations: Falling From Midair

"Do you love me?"

"Of course."

"Do you really?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"I want to know what we are." 

"What we are? What are you talking about?"

"Well, are we friends? Friends with benefits? Can we even call ourselves a  couple? How about we call us a Frouple, would that help?"

"Why do you always have to put a label on things? We are what we are. Stop making things so complicated."

"I just want to know what I am... to you. We've been in this game for years. We do everything couples do and more and yet we're not. I just want some answers."

"We've had this conversation a million times before. I told you I don't want what we have to change. That's when it all goes badly."

"You tell me you love me but you can't give me the most basic thing I'm asking for. How do you expect me to react?"

"Here we go again! What do you want from me? I give you my time, my money, my energy and my emotions, yet you still wreck everything just to have a name for what we have. Trust me, we're better this way."

"Better this way? How? Without commitment, I don't even know how to introduce you to friends, let alone my family."

"Why does everything have to be official and proper with you? Can't you just enjoy the moment? Stop worrying about stuff. I'm telling you right now, I love you and I am with you and you only but I don't want to change what we have right now. You know about my last relationship. The time things get set in stone is the moment everything goes down the drain. You don't want that kind of pressure."

"What I want is stability. What I want is someone that I can brag to my friends about and introduce to my whole kin. What I want is someone there, by my side, at parties, at family gatherings who I can call my boy friend, my goddamn lover. What I want is to finally be able to change my fucking status on Facebook after 2 freaking years of Single, It's Complicated to In A Relationship! Is that too much to ask?"

"All of that, right now? Then yes, I'm sorry."

"...Okay. I finally got my answer then."

"What do you mean?"

"The answer to my first question. You don't love me. You probably never have. I don't know what I am to you after two years of text messages, calls, dates and intimate moments together, but you've made it clear that you don't care about me as much as you wanted me to believe."

"That's not true."

"A man who really loves a woman will do everything to make her happy. Gloat to the world his prized partner by introducing her to every man, woman and beast that he encounters. He would give up everything, do anything just to put a smile on her face. A guy like that is not you. He has never been you."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying I can't get stuck in limbo forever, not knowing what we are or what I am when I'm with you. I-I'm saying I can't take this any longer."

"You're breaking up with me?"

"I can't break up something that was not there in the first place. I'm sorry... I have to go."

"Wait..."



Photo: Conversation by matteaton

4 comments:

Tsina said...

Woaa. I feel you.

By the way, I'm reading He's Just Not that Into You. Maybe, you could try reading it as well. It helps me. =)

Clarriscent said...

Lol. This is actually the story of a friend. Most of what I post in here is pure fiction but I admit more than a few are inspired by true events. But still, amazing, you read my mind. I've already read the book a few months ago and have already recommended it to the one in this story. Lol, what a coincidence. :) Thanks a bunch for reading!

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Clarriscent said...

@Steve Finnel: Thank you for the invitation.

Post a Comment

RSS Feed

About Me

My photo
R.N. Pianist. Writer. Professional Procrastinator.

Rankings and Buttons

Books & Literature - Top Blogs Philippines Award Winning Voyeurism and Personal Journal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Followers