Main image

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dear Diary, Part 2

Dear Journal,

And yes, you are a journal and will never be called a "Diary" for the term implies absolute feminism it's embarrassing to hear from a grown up man much less know that somebody with a Y chromosome is keeping one. I'm sorry for keeping you a secret but I have a reputation to protect. I know you don't understand but it's perfectly fine since you're an inanimate object that I am writing on and thus have no actual feelings.


Great, I'm ranting again. This is not good for the psyche.

So here I am. I guess I just wanted to tell you that I saw her again earlier this day. Twice. She kinda looked a bit different, whether good different or bad different, I don't know what to think. I sprinted half a hallway to come and greet her but something definitely has changed. I thought we were cool but when I came and greeted her she looked so flippant and distant the conversation (if you can even call it that) just spiraled down to the hell of awkwardness it was actually painful to watch. She looked as if she just wanted to get as far away from me as possible.

See, it's not that I feel she owes me her rapt attention every time I talk or even walk by but, I don't know, I guess I have gotten used to her constant admiration in almost everything that I do. Okay, that sounds so conceited I'm ashamed of myself.

I just meant that I miss those times when she always laughs at my  goofy jokes no matter how ridiculous or obscene they may be. The way she listens to every word that I say even though they are mostly rants and complains about everyday life. What happened to that girl I have grown... accustomed to.

I mean, she is, was, my best friend and things haven't been all puppies and roses lately. I know it hasn't been easy for her when me and my girl friend got together since she was used to us spending all our time together, but for the past weeks she has been at least civil to me. Well, it turns out, not anymore.

I saw her again at dismissal time. Smiling coyly at some rocker-wannabe in our class who was eyeing her with greed. I almost punched him in the face if I wasn't intent on concealing the embarrassing truth that I was watching them and was in fact hiding behind a locker.

I don't know, something stabbed me in the gut when I saw them there. I can't put my finger on it. It was like there was an uncoiling snake in my stomach ready to pulverize the hell out of that guy just because he was thinking malicious thoughts about my girl.

Wait, I didn't mean it to sound like that. He's not my girl, she's just a girl, not at all a part of the assortment of things I posses. Not that she's considered as a thing or anything like that. She's a wonderful beautiful woman that I actually look up to and adore and want to be with. Wait, what?

I just meant I enjoy her company and more or less want to be in her presence often and am really really jealous of every guy she talks to because they're not, and will never be, deserving of her awesomeness. It doesn't mean that I'm in love with her or anything. Does it?

Crap.

-- Me, the Idiot of the Century

Monday, February 11
11:05 PM


Photo courtesy of Google Images.

7 comments:

Clarriscent said...

@www.thingswelovetohate.com

The character is sort of lost at the moment. I do hope too that he finds his girl. :)

Mhaj said...

oh. so this is not a true story. :)

Clarriscent said...

@Marjorie P.G

Oh, sorry, no, not really. :( Especially since this Part 2 is in the point of view of the guy the girl in Part 1 is talking about. :) Hope you enjoyed it even though it's fiction.

Nicky Ross said...

I want to know your opinion related to my problem..Its maybe completely way off the topic but seems your kinda have a lot of ideas and suggestions you might help me on this matter... If a girl like you doesn't want a guy courting you and turns him down but the guy insisted because he really loves you what will be your advice for the guy that will make a girl of his dreams fall into him?

Clarriscent said...

@Nicky Ross

Erm, I can't really say because every woman has a different set of characteristics she's looking for in a man. Some are willing to settle, some are not. I guess, for someone who knows what she wants and is willing to wait until she finds it, if you don't fit in that specific niche then there's really not much you can do.

There's always the lethal combination of time and friendship though, but that will take a long time and even then, the chances are pretty bleak.

Good luck!

Nicky Ross said...

Indeed, you are definitely right, I'm not smart as she is, I'm not a good-looking guy as she wants but to forget what I feel for her is my greatest fear at all and now our situation is getting worst than ever, I must learn how to let her go. Thanks anyway...

Post a Comment

RSS Feed

About Me

My photo
R.N. Pianist. Writer. Professional Procrastinator.

Rankings and Buttons

Books & Literature - Top Blogs Philippines Award Winning Voyeurism and Personal Journal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Followers