Main image

Monday, December 20, 2010

Verses: Illusion

Through blurred spectacles I saw you
Through the thundering sea you were there
Standing, waiting for the final moment
When everything will be over and done with
The music began to play and everybody waited
I was one of them, my breath unconsciously held
You opened your mouth and out cam nervous words
I could feel the pain, the fear and the tension
I gasped for some more comforting air



More words came out more confident than the last
The tension receded and the audience cheered
I uttered a complimentary whisper and sang with you
With all my mind, my heart and soul
And said every words as if uttering a lifelong vow
For minutes we sang and I remembered every tingle
Every beat, every breath, every word
I stared and watched without any fear of rejection
I looked at you like I never saw you before this magnificence
But was it just a dream when I felt you stare?
Were you looking back at me with melodies and words
I swear I felt it but was it real?
Or maybe I was just being stupid, like always
There were too many of us for you to actually see me
Most probably, it was just an illusion of my mind
Playing tricks on my schizophrenic desperation
Maybe...
But maybe not..

 
**Written long ago by another person who has long vanished from the power of time and space.
Photo: Pre Show Anticipation by Basseca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed

About Me

My photo
R.N. Pianist. Writer. Professional Procrastinator.

Rankings and Buttons

Books & Literature - Top Blogs Philippines Award Winning Voyeurism and Personal Journal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Followers