Main image

Monday, December 27, 2010

Verses: Nosebleed

A blank piece of paper is once again presented to me

In the middle of a discussion I can never clearly see

It's disturbing how more than a year has already passed

Since I've written any poetry or prose that would forever last


And here we go, they're talking yet again in confusing gibberish
To enter this doomed dungeon, I no longer dare to wish
Vast yellow canvasses and scriptures in black all around me now
And four whining witches asking insane questions of whys and hows

The clock is going tick tock way slower than its usual pace
Every person is like a corpse in motion after a night of relentless haste
Oh how I wish this torture would already come to a glorious end
Just so another mind numbing regime could begin once again

Half of the class is singing the national anthem in silence and mockery
Atop a pedestal, all four conductors are ecstatic with amusement and glee
Amidst the biting cold of this four-cornered cell, the temperature is bound to rise
A rally against the baton holders, some of whom are eternally despised

The day is nowhere near its prayed for peaceful slumber
There's still deafening sirens to listen to and heads to hammer
My brain cells are going numb from all this insanity
May this day end well, may they all have pity




**Brief Background: Written during our 2nd year Nursing RLE classes where the four groups of our class are tasked to create and present a Health Care Plan (written in Manila Papers posted all around the room like a wallpaper). There are 4 Clinical Instructors in the room who all seemed intent on finding errors and inconsistencies no matter what. The poem is about my frustration and how I wanted that day to just end.


Photo: Doodles_1 by Rskeik

2 comments:

Anela Mikolaj said...

I didn't know you're into poetry as well =D I always thought that you're into short stories since you did mention on your Orchestroscopy blog that you used to write short stories... I think? Correct me if I'm wrong about that part, okay? It's just that I have a lot on my mind today. By the way, I'm a huuge fan of yours because of your blogs =) I hope you keep both of them alive because I know I enjoy reading them.

Clarriscent said...

@Anela Mikolaj:

Wow, thank you for reading! I used to write poetry all the time when I was in high school. Then rarely in college. Now I find the medium quite cheesy haha but who knows I might get an inspiration or two to write another one. Thanks for the comment! Keep blogging! :)

Post a Comment

RSS Feed

About Me

My photo
R.N. Pianist. Writer. Professional Procrastinator.

Rankings and Buttons

Books & Literature - Top Blogs Philippines Award Winning Voyeurism and Personal Journal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Followers